Chanukah is our festival of lights, a beautiful celebration of light triumphing over darkness. For eight nights we light the chanukiah to commemorate the miracle that occurred when the Holy Temple was desecrated and later rededicated in Jerusalem. Together with our loved ones, we celebrate strength, resilience, hope, and healing. For all eight nights of Chanukah, Temple Israel sparks light into our homes, communities, and the world.
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה אֲדֹנָי אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם אֲשֶׁר קִדְּשָׁנוּ בְּמִצְוֹתָיווְצִוָּנוּ לְהַדְלִיק נֵר שֶׁל חֲנֻכָּה
Baruch atah, Adonai Eloheinu, Melech haolam, asher kid’shanu b’mitzvotav
v’tsivanu l’hadlik ner shel Chanukah
Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of all, who hallows us with mitzvot,
commanding us to kindle the Chanukah lights
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה אֲדֹנָי אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם שֶׁעָשָׂה נִסִּים לַאֲבוֹתֵינוּ בַּיָּמִים הָהֵם בִּזְּמַן הַזֶּה
Baruch atah, Adonai Eloheinu, Melech haolam, she-asah nisim laavoteinu v’imoteinu
bayamim hahaeim baz’man hazeh
Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of all, who performed wondrous deeds
for our ancestors in days of old at this season
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה אֲדֹנָי אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ וְהִגִּיעָנוּ לִזְּמַן הַזֶּה
Baruch atah, Adonai Eloheinu, Melech haolam, shehecheyanu v’kiy’manu v’higiyanu laz’man hazeh
Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of all, who has kept us alive, sustained us,
and brought us to this season
Spread the Light: Tzedakah Opportunities for 8 Nights of Giving
- Support our community members facing food insecurity and donate to the Greater Boston Food Bank.
- Donate to these non-partisan organizations fighting against voter suppression, The Center for Common Ground, Black Voters Matter, or the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition.
- Support students at Beacon Academy.
- Support urban farming by donating to the Urban Farming Institute in Boston.
- Support local organizing for change with the Greater Boston Interfaith Organization.
- Help free our community members from immigration jail and donate to the Beyond Bond Fund.
- Support children and families experiencing homelessness by donating to Children’s Services of Roxbury.
Donate to TI’s Friends Annual Fund and support our community in efforts to live Judaism together through discovery, dynamic spirituality, and righteous impact.