You are not alone! #TogetherWithTI
Updated COVID-19 Guidelines
Effective August 6, 2021
Planning for the High Holy Days
Our response to the pandemic will continue to change as warranted by local infection rates and guidance by government and health authorities.
The FJECC and our Religious School will share specific mask vaccination status information with enrolled families as the start of the school year approaches.
Do You Need Help Navigating Vaccination Appointments?
We recognize that the vaccination process has been a moving target. As many people have experienced, the appointment scheduling process is complicated and difficult to navigate.
Although we cannot schedule or make appointments for anyone, if you are in need of assistance to help navigate the system so that you can schedule your own vaccination appointment, let us know here or call our main office at 617-566-3960.
We have a team of volunteers through our TI Cares Acts of Kindness Army who will be happy to offer any assistance that they are able to help you so that you can schedule your appointment.
*Please note: Temple Israel does not control scheduling and we cannot make appointments directly for those we assist, nor can we guarantee that an appointment will be at Temple Israel.
Community Resources During the Covid-19 Crisis
Updated Covid-19 information:
Vaccination Appointment Scheduling:
- For the most current information about eligibility and scheduling appointments, please visit: www.mass.gov/covid-19-vaccine.
- Pre-register for your vaccine here. After you pre-register, you will receive weekly status updates. You will be contacted when there are appointments available for you and provide you with a link to use to select and book your appointment.
- You can use the site www.macovidvaccines.com to find available appointments. This site sifts through all the official MA vaccination sites every 5 minutes and shows available appointments.
- If you live in public or private affordable low-income senior housing, check with your management company if there is an on-site clinic being planned.
- If you are in need of transportation, the RIDE customers can book trips to travel to and from their vaccine or testing appointments.
- If you have difficulty accessing the internet to schedule an appointment online, you may:
- Call the Massachusetts Vaccine Scheduling Resource Line: Call 2-1-1 (877-211-6277) and follow the prompts for assistance booking an appointment.
- Call 3-1-1 and ask for the Age Strong Commission, or reach them at 617-635-4366 for help in scheduling a vaccination appointment.
Domestic Violence Resources:
- Map of meal sites for children and youth
- Greater Boston Food Bank
- Newton Food Pantry
- Ethos (for seniors; offers home care and food deliveries)
- Fresh Truck Box
- Food For Free
- Project Bread (for children and their families)
- Groceries During Covid-19
- Questions? Contact the Office of Food Access
- Volunteer at an anti-Hunger non-profit
- Cash assistance: United Way COVID-19 Family Support Fund
- Boston Resiliency Fund — given to organizations who are in a place to help/support Boston’s Most Vulnerable
- MGCC Small Business Recovery Loan Fund
- Kiva (for small businesses impacted by COVID-19)
- Freelance Artists Relief Fund
- Tips for freelance artists
- The Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development resource page
- WorkShare program helps employers avoid layoffs during a downturn.
- The Rapid Response program, which works closely with companies to avert layoffs and keep a skilled workforce engaged in the existing regional economy or industry.
- Apply for Unemployment Assistance
- Transit Help for Medical Staff
- UIHelp.org: Unemployment Benefits and Access to Job Opportunities