- Posted by Elaine Zecher
- On June 11, 2021
- 0 Comments
Welcome to Shabbat Awakenings, our weekly reflection as we make our way toward Shabbat.
Last night, many of us joined together online and onsite to reflect on this past year at our Annual Gathering. In addition we had a peaceful transition of leadership from the remarkable and devoted Presidency of Marc Maxwell to Laurence Bailen taking over. Laurence remarked that he had stood on the bima to pass the Torah to his son and daughters at their Bar and B’not Mitzvah years earlier and that decades before he had received the Torah at his own Bar Mitzvah on the same Temple Israel bima. It was a beautiful evening of legacy, perseverance and resilience celebrated.
In March of this past year, I shared a Shabbat Awakenings post of seeing the past year through the lens of the Jewish holidays and overcoming the challenges before us. At the suggestion of our Director of Communications, Emma Koblick, we turned that post into a video reflection that offers a visual experience of circling around the sun. We showed it last night at the Annual Gathering.
Today, I share the video with you as we remember this past year and look forward to the future together. Just click HERE to see it.
- Tonight, as we gather for Qabbalat Shabbat at 6:00 p.m. in the sanctuary or online, we are lifting the immigrant experience and exploring the meaning of immigrant justice as part of Shabbat. HERE is a short video that serves as an intention for the evening. Register HERE to join us in the Sanctuary. We can pray together HERE on the Temple Israel website, or HERE on Zoom, or even HERE on TI’s Facebook page. Or, just find it all on the website www.tisrael.org/TogetherWithTI.
- Tot Rock Shabbat gathers HERE at 5:00 p.m.
- Torah Study will begin at 9:00 a.m. To join the conversation interactively, access Zoom HERE. You can also watch HERE on Temple Israel’s website or HERE on TI’s Facebook page.
- Register here for Thank Goodness It’s Shabbat online at 9:00 a.m.
- Join the Clergy for Havdalah at 8:00 p.m. HERE.