Last Updated 5/1/2020
In this unique moment in the history of Temple Israel, we recognize the many different needs that our community members face. To that end, we have gathered the below list of resources in an effort to ensure that you, our beloved congregation, are able to access the support you need in these difficult times. If you would like to speak to our clergy for pastoral support, please contact Amy Sherr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-566-3960.
Community Resources During the Covid19 Crisis
We’ll be updating our website with options for the High Holy Days!
- Map of meal sites for children and youth
- Greater Boston Food Bank
- Newton Food Pantry
- Ethos (for seniors; offers home care and food deliveries)
- Fresh Truck Box
- Food For Free
- Project Bread (for children and their families)
- Groceries During Covid-19
- Questions? Contact the Office of Food Access
- Volunteer at an anti-Hunger non-profit
- Cash assistance: United Way COVID-19 Family Support Fund
- Boston Resiliency Fund — given to organizations who are in a place to help/support Boston’s Most Vulnerable
- MGCC Small Business Recovery Loan Fund
- Kiva (for small businesses impacted by COVID-19)
- Freelance Artists Relief Fund
- Tips for freelance artists
- The Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development resource page
- WorkShare program helps employers avoid layoffs during a downturn.
- The Rapid Response program, which works closely with companies to avert layoffs and keep a skilled workforce engaged in the existing regional economy or industry.
- Apply for Unemployment Assistance
- Transit Help for Medical Staff
- UIHelp.org: Unemployment Benefits and Access to Job Opportunities