- Posted by Natalya Bernstein
- On November 10, 2015
- 0 Comments
Sunday, November 8, 2015
Dear KB Families,
Thank you to all the families that joined us this past Friday for our K1 Shabbat! It was really nice to see children and families together. This past Sunday, Kindergarten visited our sanctuary to see one of the Torah’s up close on the bima along with Orna. We explored our bima, the inside of the ark, how to undress a Torah and how to use a “yad” to point to words. Students had the opportunity to point to a word and have it translated by one of the teachers. Afterward, we joined back in the classroom and made our own “etz chayim” (torah handles) and coffee-stained parchment paper. Next week, we will practice being a “sofer” (torah scribe) and complete our torahs.
A couple notes from the office…
- Please sign up for text alerts from the school when we need to communicate something to you quickly (i.e. canceling school Sunday morning). Please visit: http://goo.gl/forms/lSczCCmQJh to sign up!
- This coming Sunday the URJ Camps are coming to talk to our students about summer camp programs. Times for the assembly are below. There will also be a camp table in the atrium from 10:45 – 11:15 a.m. where parents can stop by for more information. Assembly will take place during school hours: Early Session Assembly @ 10:15 – 10:45 a.m Late Session Assembly @ 11:15 – 11:45 a.m. Please join us!
- Join us for our upcoming Shabbat Mishpachah service on November 20. 4th-7th grade students will be helping lead the service, but we encourage the whole Hebrew school to join. Please RSVP so we can know what dinner they will be attending, use the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10vZ_S2ledHzTbE_pAzJkzlPZ-FaoqtHPEJoU5zgnAps/viewform?usp=send_form
- The younger grades will be leading the Shabbat Mishpachah the first week of March, November 20, 5-6 p.m. so coming to this one will help them get excited about it. RSVP link: http://goo.gl/forms/XYiC31yoa
- Finally—if you haven’t already—please visit, like and share our Facebook page. We will be using it more and more to communicate about events. Here is direct link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Temple-Israel-of-Boston-Religious-School-422944094530101/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Have a great week!