Spring 2018 Session
Register by March 22, 2018.
Temple Israel's Lifelong Learning Initiative
Aptly named, TILLI (Temple Israel Lifelong Learning Initiative) is a member directed program bringing the challenge and excitement of learning to active, intellectually curious adults. An integral part of the Temple Israel community, TILLI is the only peer-led lifelong learning program in a synagogue in the country. This initiative continues to develop and grow through the exchange of ideas within the TILLI community.
What's going on?
For six weeks in both the spring and the fall, TILLI offers study sessions on a variety of topics led by members of the community. During the winter, we have monthly films or presentations with discussion sessions. Throughout the year, we have regular lunch sessions to hear and question experts from a wide range of fields. We also go on guided trips throughout the year to different museums and well-known local institutions in the Boston area.
What's my role?
Because TILLI is a peer-led learning program, participation is key. We are always looking for new study topic ideas and help with planning the evolving future of our group. We invite you to extend your learning and involvement by planning and leading a study group.
Spring 2018 Lunch & Learn Schedule
Thursday Afternoons, 12:30 – 1:45 p.m.
Plan to stay for lunch! Our speakers are distinguished members of the congregation and the community. Bring your lunch. We’ll provide beverages, snacks, and dessert.
- April 12: Frank Epstein – “Cymbalist of the BSO: An Insider View”
- April 19: Gary Pforzheimer – “Inside Temple Israel: A President’s View”
- April 26: Justice Judith Cowin – “The Legal Fight for Marriage Equality”
- May 3: Dr. Avi Bernstein-Nahar – “Three Life Lessons: Reflections on BOLLI (Brandeis Osher Lifelong Learning Institute)”
- May 10: Jennifer Grella – “From Mitzvah to Meaning: Inside TI’s Syrian Resettlement Journey”
- May 17: TILLI 10th Anniversary Celebration