Fall 2017 Session
Register by 9/14/17
Temple Israel's Lifelong Learning Initiative
Aptly named, TILLI (Temple Israel Lifelong Learning Initiative) is a member directed program bringing the challenge and excitement of learning to active, intellectually curious adults. An integral part of the Temple Israel community, TILLI is the only peer-led lifelong learning program in a synagogue in the country. This initiative continues to develop and grow through the exchange of ideas within the TILLI community.
What's going on?
For six weeks in both the spring and the fall, TILLI offers study sessions on a variety of topics led by members of the community. During the winter, we have monthly films or presentations with discussion sessions. Throughout the year, we have regular lunch sessions to hear and question experts from a wide range of fields. We also go on guided trips throughout the year to different museums and well-known local institutions in the Boston area.
What's my role?
Because TILLI is a peer-led learning program, participation is key. We are always looking for new study topic ideas and help with planning the evolving future of our group. We invite you to extend your learning and involvement by planning and leading a study group.
Fall 2017 Lunch & Learn Schedule
Thursday Afternoons, 12:30 – 1:45 p.m.
Plan to stay for lunch! Our speakers are distinguished members of the congregation and the community. Bring your lunch. We’ll provide beverages, snacks, and dessert.
- October 19: Gail Reimer – “Jewish Women’s Archive: The Inside Story”
- October 26: Jeanne Blasberg – “Inside Eden: The Making of a First Novel”
- November 2: Bob Ricles – “Inside Medicare: Lesser Known Benefits”
- November 9: Jill Medvedow – “Inside the Institute for Contemporary Art: Expanding the Vision”
- November 16: Michelle Ephraim – “Uncovering Shakespeare’s Jews”
- November 30: Andy Tarsy – “Inside Racial Justice at TI”