Donations To The Library
Donations Policy of the Dr. Arnold L. Segel Library Center
1. For a donation of $360, a named bookshelf may be established in the Dr. Arnold L. Segel Library Center. This bookshelf may be in memory of or in honor of a donor, or a donor's loved one.
2. The name of the honoree(s) is (are) affixed to the donor board in the library.
3. Mention is made in the Temple bulletin of the new bookshelf.
4. The donor(s) and honoree(s) receive an acknowledgement from the Librarian.
5. When donations of $36 or more are made to a named bookshelf, an inscribed bookplate is affixed to a book.
6. When donations of any amount are made to a named bookshelf, or to the general Library Fund, mention is made in the bulletin, and the honorees are notified.
7. The librarian will happily accept books and other library materials (videotapes, audiotapes, computer software) as donations with the following caveats:
- The materials are in good condition.
- The librarian may decide whether or not the materials will be added to the collection.
- The librarian will do her best to find good homes for those items not added to the Temple library's collection, if the donor does not want them back.
- The librarian will send a letter of acknowledgement to the donor for the donated materials, but will not state an assessed value for these items.
Approved by the Library Committee February, 2002
Another way to participate in building our library and its collection : the Wish List