Temple Israel is widely recognized as the largest reform temple in New England, and it is one of the most prominent synagogues in the greater Boston area. Temple Israel is known for offering an array of Jewish experiences and cultural and social programming, including interfaith inclusion and social justice activism. Our historic building is home to a K-12 Religious School, a well-renowned preschool, and Beacon Academy, an independent school for urban youth. Through our website, email blasts, social media presence, and print media, we strive to communicate the benefits of affiliation and membership. In addition to spiritual connection, Temple Israel offers volunteer opportunities, social justice outreach, education programs, youth group activities, and inter-generational events. It has initiated a multi-year process for revitalization called the TI Project: Shaping Our Future, with the objective to sustain congregational life by fostering meaningful, transformative relationships.
The Administrative Coordinator for Education is a full time, non-exempt position, responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support and coordination for the Temple Israel Education Department.
The Administrative Coordinator will occupy a central role in our Education Team, and will join the greater administrative staff team at TI. The Administrator Coordinator will serve as our first line for office administration and program logistics. General duties include:
• Administrative support for trip planning, monthly Friday night family service, Religious School, and Teen programs (including holidays, open houses, and social justice events)
• Creation and management of event registration forms
• Administration of Religious School electives, class lists, and supplies
• Communicate space and setup needs to Facilities and Rentals Coordinator, accommodators, and facilities staff; confirm program setups the day of an event
• Administrative point person on Sundays and during education programming
• Serve as “help desk” point person for answering phone and email queries
• Write and send weekly department emails, maintain our Constant Contact and mail merge lists
• Responsible for space reservations including a weekly review and confirmation of existing reservations
• Attendance tracking of students and teachers
• Communication and coordination with vendors
• Process weekly check requests from incoming invoices
• Administrative support for the Education Director, including scheduling, calendaring and other tasks
• Other miscellaneous administrative support for the Education Department as needed
Qualifications and Skills
• Agility with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and DropBox. Training support will be provided for Constant Contact, Salesforce, Click and Pledge, and other new technologies as they become available.
• Exemplary written and verbal skills
• Tenacious attention to detail, even under tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects
• Professional, diplomatic, and discreet with confidential matters
• Knowledge of the local Jewish landscape, synagogue life, Jewish education, Jewish holiday cycle, and Hebrew desired but not necessary
• Patience and sense of humor.
• Bachelor’s degree required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Temple Israel is looking for enthusiastic, imaginative, and skillful teachers to join our team of educators for the 2018-2019 school year. Positions available in grades K-7 for Sunday mornings, and also some positions for Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Candidates should enjoy working with children and have prior successful teaching experiences. Familiarity with second language pedagogy, technology applications, curriculum development, and student assessment is desirable. Good command of Biblical Hebrew also a plus.
Candidates should be comfortable adopting the curricular vision of the religious school as we seek to construct powerful educational experiences that are inclusive, joyful, and inspiring.
Temple Israel Religious School has a commitment to professional development and offers a unique and yearlong learning opportunity to all its faculty. Ideal candidates will be collaborative teachers who relish the idea of working, growing, and learning alongside their colleagues.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Part time. Competitive pay based on experience.
Temple Israel is looking for one-to-one aides to join our team of educators for the 2018-2019 school year. Positions available in grades K-7, for Sunday mornings (9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.) and Tuesday/Thursday afternoons (4:00 – 6:00 p.m.).
Candidates should be flexible, creative, and friendly. Experience working with children with special needs is helpful, but not required. Ideal candidates will be collaborative team players who relish the idea of working, growing, and learning alongside their colleagues.
Part time. Competitive pay based on experience.