- Posted by Kayla Nicholson
- On January 22, 2016
- 0 Comments
Hello 2nd Grade families,
We’ve had a very exciting last 2 months, complete with Channukah parties, finishing and starting new units, and improving our Hebrew!
Back in December, we celebrated Channukah is true Jewish fashion – a Channukah party!
2A had a dreidel bracket:
2C enjoyed a round-robin style dreidel tournament:
And both groups had fun doing arts and crafts and hanging out!
New Units of Study!
- We just finished our introductory unit to Israel (The Great Israel Scavenger Hunt). Be on the look out for your child’s completed map of Israel! Next, we will study kibbutzim. Stay tuned!
- We also just finished our beginner Hebrew book (L’Shoni) – congrats! Our Hebrew study will now consist of fine-tuning our reading skills, as well as prayer study. Stay tuned for more info!
- Rabbic Transition Q&A (1/24) – 1st hour of each sesson. Email email@example.com for more info.
- Tikkun Olam Day (2/7) – all grade come from 9-12pm. More info soon.
- February Vacation (2/14-2/21) – no school
- Grade 2 and 3 Shabbat (2/26) – more info soon!
Thanks, and happy learning!